I made my first try at baking bread today. I got Genny to throw together a batch of dough before she left for Hospice this morning. Then while Devin and Josiah came over, to help rake off where the back-hoe dug up the front yard, I popped them in the oven.
As you can see they got a little over done while I was out buying grass seed. But they still taste OK, just not great! Sent a loaf home with the boys.Once the bread was out I had two chickens in the dutch oven and put them in for about 2.5 hours. They came out smelling great! Genny had already taken out steaks for dinner, so I gave them away to a needy family in the neighborhood. Just kidding - I took it over to Ashley and Jeremiah & kids. The report back was that it was great. Maybe I should have given them the steaks?
PERSONAL CAT STORY
For the past two months or so our cat (can't spell her name - so I just call her CAT) has been very afraid when I put her out at night. Several times we heard her fighting with another cat and a couple weeks ago the problem was identified as a black & white feral cat. Well, last night I put out the trap and caught it on the first try. It was a tom with the widest head I've ever seen on a cat, huge paws and mean and nasty. I took care of him early this morning - so in a few days CAT will figger out the neighborhood has improved. They just love me!!
2 comments:
"Then while Devin and Josiah came over, to help rake off where the back-hoe dug up the front yard, I popped them in the oven." -- woah there. I hope to stay far away from your oven or you'll throw ME in.
devin sure was worried about that chicken! apparently you told him you were just going to throw them away - he just couldn't figure that out!
Post a Comment