Friday, June 02, 2006

Early Father's Day

Because I will be leaving on Monday to go to sea the family wanted to have Father's Day last night. We all got together at the Dickson's on Elm Street and Jeremiah used his new grill (his Father's Day gift) to cook some delicious chicken and corn. Corina brought the potato salad and Genny made black raspberry pie and brownies for desert. We had a great time! The thunderstorms went around us, but the air was very humid and sweaty.

Here I am wearing my new chef's hat (says GRANDAD) and cooking apron with all the grandkids handprints on it. What a lovely gift!! I always cherish gifts like that. Thanks all!

Guess I won't be posting until I can get on line from the ship - maybe like Wednesday or Thursday of next week. I'll also be able to read the other family blogs so don't stop posting.

No comments: