Pizza going in!
Pizza cookin'
Pizza comin' out
TIME TO EAT!! It tasted very good! Well, I used a different crust recipe and didn't really like the texture, but that's easily fixed using a new recipe - GRIN. I learned a lot about firing the oven. I didn't let the first starter fire get large enough and then proceeded to add too much wood. The wood in teh back started to turn to charcoal and it took a lot longer to reach temperature and then immediately went on to high. As soon as I got the dough out of the refridgerator, Jeremiah showed up. He has an amazing nose for food.
Because the temperature went a good bit higher than last week - I developed some hairline cracks in the cladding and the shelf across the front cracked (that's easily fixed). The cladding cracks shouldn't make for any problems as I really shouldn't let it get that hot again and they are quite small.
So today is the day I've been working towards for the past two months. Finally got to eat that LITTLE SLICE!! Next is the insulationa and pouring the top. Then I'll be able to bake bread and other food. Well, after I build a door for it.
I just have to add a few words about the smells around here today. WONDERFUL!! First the wood fire burning all morning, then Genny was baking bread and cooking down a pot of sauce for tomorrow and finally the pizza itself. Then entire house and yard smelled great.
4 comments:
I'm coming for dinner!!
oh i want a piece
When??
i think the old house is in there somewhere
Post a Comment