The pork is wrapped in bannana leaves and covered with sauce. The sauce is made with Achiote seasoning, that I found at a Mexican food store, and lime juice. It sure is bright red - see the first picture.
I had Corina make the pickled onions and Jeremiah made several kinds of salsa. We ate it on tortillas with black beans. The pickled onion turned out to be hot neon pink b/c we used red onions. What a colorful meal - something I find very important - GRIN. The meat itself was great!! Probably one of the best pork roasts I've ever done. Put it in the oven at noon when the temperature was probably about 800 deg F and took it out at 5 PM.
Guess that's it for now - I have to finish my SS lesson for tomorrow.
1 comment:
oink oink...........i want some pig too...............
Post a Comment