Saturday, July 29, 2006

Working together!

Devin and Kayla came over to help me today and we started by pouring the concrete on top of the oven. This took about 2 hours and really completes the oven - all the rest is decoration. Maybe I'll have a chance to bake bread next weekend.

After the concrete Kayla picked lima beans and Devin mowed the grass, before we stopped for a summertime luch of tomato sandwiches. Had a good time working together.

They went home after lunch and I fired up Dizzy and put the stucco on the entire front of the oven. That and the tile makes it look a lot more Italian. You can almost hear it yelling "PIZZA" "PIZZA" Or maybe I'm still a bit loopy from working in the afternoon heat?



While they were working I was taking photos of the bumblebees attacking the basil blossums. Caught this one in flight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice granddad you are ... while the kids are working you're taking pictures. Would have been nice to see some pictures of your workers. I mean, besides the bumblebee.