Tuesday, May 30, 2006

MEMORIAL DAY PIZZA FESTIVAL

Everything worked just great! Got the fire lit about 9 AM and it was ready to go at 3:30 in the afternoon. Started three batches of pizza dough at 1 PM and spent about an hour getting the toppings ready. Everyone showed up right at 3:30 with an additional assortment of toppings and 45 mintues everyone was eating pizza from the oven. It sounds like a lot more work than it really was - things went very smoothly. I learned a lot over the past two Saturdays about getting the oven up to temp and after I formed 6 pizzas Casey took over and was flinging them around the kitchen. It brought back memories of working at Domino's and he was much better then me! FYI: That's an italian chef's hat I'm wearing in the photo just to make it authentic!

We finished off the meal with watermelon.
And then went to Devin's ballgame where all the other grandkids played in the dirt.

No comments: