It was a beautiful day today. Here's a picture of the back porch just after eating dinner out there. All the trees are such a brillant green color and the dogwood are at the height of their bloom.
This is the arch form that I built last night in the garage. Its used to hold up the bricks of the ceiling of the firebox until all the bricks are in - at which time it is self-supporting.
Here's the form, temporariy in place.
I didn't like the brick I bought a couple weeks ago. So I went out at lunch time today and found some better ones from Hanson Brick in Pleasant Garden. Here they are setup to see how they will go. Tonight I worked about 2 hours and got some block in the front laid and the corner brick for the ledge (the ledge will run along the front, turn the corner and extend towards teh back 32 inches). Hopefully this weekend I'll get the ceiling of the firebox in place. Then it will really start looking like an oven.As of today I have been working on building this wood-fired pizza for exactly one month! It sure is a lot of work. Glad I don't have to pay someone to do it!
3 comments:
Could you post a picture of your backyard where the oven is going? ... so we can get a better perspective on things. TY
wow how big is the thing?
Rodger - Dodger on the picture - this weekend!
Yup! It's big!! It has to be as it uses the large mass of hte concrete and bricks to hold the heat of the fire and then continue radiating it back in whatever you're cookin'.
It beats working for a living - GRIN. And we'll have hot food in teh event of a power failure.
Post a Comment