Saturday, April 29, 2006

CLADDING COMPLETE

Devin and I started mixing the concrete for the cladding about 7:30 this morning. About halfway thru jeremiah made a run for us to Lowes to get a few more bags of Quik-crete to keep us going.
This is our final product! At least 6 inches of concrete around the entire firebox. It should take at least 2 weeks for this to dry and cure and I will give a try at firing the oven to full temperature for the first time. Should I have some pizza dough ready to go? We'll see!
I got a request for more people pictures - so here's one of Devin pressure washing the deck. It blew off a lot fo the paint and hopefully next Saturday will be as nice as today and I'll repaint everything.

We had a wonderful concert at church with Red Mountain playing. They're a band from Red Mountain Church, Birmingham, AL (redmountainchurch.org) that mostly plays hymns that have a new tune put to the orginal words. The night started off with the "Minutemen" playing a set of song. They're a group of people from our church.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was nice to see a picture of Devin since he won't let his mother take pictures of him any more. Did you have him pressure wash the deck and blow off a lot of the paint so you had something to do next weekend?

Chuck said...

Yup! Got to wait 2 weeks to light the oven - GRIN.

Sending photos with your baby.
Chuck